Marketing automation refers to the software and tools used to automate repetitive tasks, minimize human error, and increase efficiency. Marketing automation allows businesses to target customers across various platforms, such as web, social media, text messaging, and emails. In particular, marketing automation tracks customer’s behavior to create relevant content tailored individually to each user.
The use of marketing automation
Marketing automation allows to simplify various marketing tasks, from sending emails to complex analysis. Mainly, automation is used in following cases:
- To schedule the time of email sends. Team members schedule a time to send emails and they will be gradually sent to every address from the subscription list.
- To track metrics. Sales representatives and marketers can track the performance of each automated email campaign, see click-through rates (CTRs), conversion rate, performance across multiple channels, and so on.
- To run A/B tests. A/B testing has a goal to increase the quality of email campaigns and come up with better subject lines and content. It may also help to find out which emails have the most engagement and open rate.
Best practices of marketing automation
Each time companies use marketing automation they need to have a proper strategy to implement it successfully. Here are some tips that can help with that:
- Collaborate with other teams. Marketing automation doesn’t involve a single team – it involves almost every member of the company. That’s why before deciding to start using marketing automation, it’s important to receive input from the company’s employees and see whether they support the idea.
- Process visualizations. For workers and stakeholders to better understand why automation is good for the business, it is important to create infographics with detailed diagrams to explain the advantages and disadvantages easily.
- Database segmentation. To gain maximum from marketing automation businesses should know who can be interested in the product or services provided and why.
- Content strategy. Potential customers and target audience won’t agree to do business unless they see the benefit for themselves. That’s why it’s a must for marketing automation to have engaging, and relevant messaging.
- Never stop improving. Even when a company has a successful email campaign, there’s always some room for improvement. Data analysis can help increase the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns and make the automation process more valuable.
You may also like:
Top Magento 2 B2B Feature List That Will Scale Your Ecommerce Business
7 Ecommerce Mistakes You MUST Avoid To Improve Sales