Have you ever wanted what you can’t have?
Limited quantity. Limited-time deal.
That’s the magic of scarcity, making online shoppers perceive such offers as more valuable and advantageous.
In this article, we are going to highlight the best Magento 2 Product Countdown Timer extensions available on Magento Marketplace that allow you to use this psychological technique effectively.
Please note that the spotlighted extensions are not listed in best to worst order. They boast different pricing models, some unique and different pieces of functionality, which cater to specific business needs.
Let’s jump in.
- More than 20 design templates;
- Templates customization possibility;
- Ability to add timers to all/specific products;
- Restricting timers to specific customers or store views;
- Assigning timers to specific customers or store views;
- Ability to enable countdown timers following a specific cart rule application;
- Ability to enable countdown timers in case a specific price is added;
- Start/end dates setup;
- Timers priority configuration.
First released at the beginning of 2020, the Mageworx Product Countdown Timers already gets displayed at the top of the Magento Marketplace search listing. The extension goes further the possibility of adding timers on any of your product pages. With the option to add its timers to Magento 2 widgets, the solution allows placing the functionality literally anywhere on your store, including CMS pages.
The carte-de-visite of the Mageworx extension is probably its template gallery. The vendor has an impressive list of design options to ensure their timers look beautiful and blend in any storefront. You will have access to more than two dozen timer designs. After adding some promotional message(s) above or below the timer, store admins get to easily preview the creatives in the backend before launching new campaigns.
With the possibility to specify end and start dates, you get to automate the process of running your campaigns. Displaying timers to specific store views or customer groups, your marketers won’t have to lurk around the right timing as the set timers will get displayed following a specific condition.
- Before Start and Time Remaining countdown timers;
- Conditions to trigger timers;
- 5 customizable timer designs;
- Ability to display timers according to a schedule;
- Support of widgets and snippets;
- Rules priority;
- Custom CSS to adjust clock types.
Mageplaza offers store admins two types of clock timers―‘Before Start’ and ‘Time Remaining’ countdown. Before Start timers display the time that remains until the launch of a campaign. Time Remaining timers show how much time is left until the end of a campaign.
Mageplaza did a great job analyzing real-life conditions when an eCommerce business could need such functionality most frequently. Consequently, they offer a set of conditions to trigger automatic countdown timers:
- For store items that are on sale;
- Specified products that have a special price;
- Following specific catalog price rules;
- Coming-soon items, upcoming events, i.e., without reference to the product price.
Additionally, this Magento 2 countdown extension solution offers the possibility to set start and end time for their timers.
$99/one-time payment as of September 2020.
- Ability to set conditions for timers;
- Timers placement on category/product pages;
- Ability to use the native widgets for timers placement;
- One-time countdown functionality;
- Ability to bind timers to specific pages;
- Recurring countdowns on a schedule;
- Ability to add a text block;
- 5 design options;
- CSS and variables to customize text.
The functionality and configuration of the Aheadworks solution can be divided into two major feature lists―timers setup and design.
The Countdown Timer boasts the standard must-have functionality for such a solution. You will enjoy the freedom of placing a timer anywhere on your site, displaying timers following a specific condition, scheduling countdown, or setting up a recurring mode.
Distinctly, the extension allows you to add a specific URL to countdown timers, and thus redirect shoppers to a specific page upon a click.
Also, with five predefined timer styles, you will be empowered to adjust the front-end look of the add-on in full compliance with the business requirements. It includes setting distinct countdown text for different store views.
$99/one-time payment as of September 2020.
- Timers to indicate the launch of a campaign, and its end;
- Functionality to count to a specific number;
- Text support for any language;
- Size, spacing, fonts, colors, background, etc. customization.
It is another great example to introduce Countdown Timer functionality, which enables not only countdown timers but also the count up ones. The latter help display how popular your product is and how many shoppers have opted for it.
You will be able to manage messaging during count and adjust the design to match your site look and feel. Please note that the scope of the customization possibilities is limited to your subscription tier, i.e., to enjoy some advanced functionality, you’ll need to upgrade.
Some features, including the ability to remove the POWR branding, are not available within the basic subscription plan:
- Countdown timer per visitor;
- Countdown number per visitor that displays the number of items remaining per visitor;
- Count up the number per visitor to showcase how popular your product is.
Free on Magento Marketplace, the Countdown Solution by POWR is a subscription-based product. Its price ranges from $4 to $71 per month.
- Ability to personalize timers for each individual visitor and their personal offers;
- Counters for items’ in-stock status change;
- Counters for the number of item viewers change;
- Holiday-themed bars: Christmas, New Year, Black Friday, St’ Valentine, and more;
- Ability to set start and end time;
- Ability to add a customizable button (text, color) under a timer;
- Ability to open a window from clicking a button in a new window;
- 5 timer styles and themes.
The first thing that sets the solution by Elfsight apart is its subscription-based nature.
Besides bringing the standard Countdown Timer functionality with clean design, distinctly, the solution allows merchants to add a CTA button under the timer with the possibility to open the targeted page in a new window. It can be especially handy if you decide to inform shoppers about a specific sales campaign right from the top of the main page. Importantly, the button is highly customizable, which allows you to adjust color and text according to your preferences easily.
Also, the cloud-based solution enables you to add text messages when the timer is finished.
And there is more.
Position variants are also available. Thus, with the solution, you will be able to position timers at the static top, floating top or bottom, or choose a custom position.
IIt is a cloud-based Magento 2 countdown timer extension. You will need to create an account in advance. The extension that is available on Magento Marketplace is free as of September 2020. Recurring charges amount to $5-$25 per month.
Ready to improve your marketing and sales campaigns using scarcity?
Now, as you have the full list of top Magento 2 Countdown Timer extensions at hand, it’s high time to make your choice and set out to use one of them.
Equipped with the right solution and strategy, you will make your store customers feel unique, create the feeling of accessing exclusive deals, improve the shopping experience, and certainly make more sales.