REST API-supported Magento 2 extensions have recently been the trend in the markets due to their convenience in allowing third-party applications to request and receive responses quickly. For that reason, in this article, you’re going to be given the list of 5 Best Magento 2 Extensions Support REST API Free for boosting your store in the new coming year of 2020.
What is REST API exactly?
According to DevDocs, REST API is defined as “a set of functions that a developer can use to perform requests and receive responses. These interactions are performed using the HTTP protocol.”
Also, regarding the way it works, the caller will issue an HTTP request, which contains the following elements:
- An HTTP header that provides authentication and other instructions
- A verb, which can be one of GET, POST, PUT, or DELETE.
- An endpoint, which is a Uniform Resource Indicator (URI) that identifies the server, the web service, and the resource being acted on.
- The call payload, which is a set of input parameters and attributes that you supply with the request.
Magento will then returns a response payload as well as an HTTP status code.
(According to DevDocs)
A list of Magento 2 REST API extensions
This list of 5 best Magento 2 extensions support REST API free will give you the most out of a few clicks you can do on the Internet to find out the most suitable and versatile ones. Besides highlighted features, explanation about the extensions’ basic functions are also given to you so that you can know about the Magento 2 REST API extension more explicitly and thoroughly.
Magento 2 Multi-vendor Marketplace Extension
The first Magento 2 extension supports REST API free you should definitely not skip is Magento 2 Marketplace Extension. Basically, by utilizing this extension, Magento 2 merchants can turn their website into an eCommerce platforms that allow multiple vendors to work on selling products and services such as those of eBay, Amazon, etc. This option will enable your online store to have more varied and miscellaneous product ranges, stimulate competitiveness, improve website service and shopping experience for both the sellers and the customers, and finally, significantly boost the sale of the Magento store.
REST API is supported for this module to allow other applications and third-party software to connect with the data on your website more smoothly. If you wish to have REST API after making a purchase of this Magento 2 module, you can send a request to the developer.
The highlighted features for Magento 2 marketplace extension are:
- Smart and neat marketplace interface and design: The Marketplace extension is designed with the view to follow the trend as it is completely responsive and retina-ready. Mobile optimization will allow the store’s neat and professional display on any device, hence helping you to achieve a professional and high-quality digital marketplace.
- Support store owners with advanced and detailed reports: Magento store admin can gain deep insight into the business of their store by making use of the sales reports by days, months, or years, reports about last orders, best sellers, most viewed products as well as top countries consuming your products.
- Support multiple payment gateways: Magento 2 Marketplace Extension is integrated with more than 10 of the most popular payment gateways nowadays such as PayPal, Google Checkout, Amazon Payment, WePay, etc.
Magento 2 Mega Menu Pro
Magento 2 Mega Menu Pro is also included in the list of 5 best Magento 2 extensions support REST API free. It’s an exceptional tool that will help you to reorganize and rearrange the products in your store into specific categories for easier and cleaner display purposes. This will not only help to improve the professional look for your store but can also help the customers who come to your store easier to find and to navigate. Magento store owners can make use of this module to create an unrestricted and inspirational menu according to their wishes with images, links, and eye-catching animation effects. REST API is used in this Magento 2 extension to help third-party software gain access to already made menus.
The highlighted features for this REST API support Magento 2 extension can be:
- Consist of more than 15 premade menus: 16 menu templates for different purposes and usages such as a top menu, accordion menu, vertical right and left menu, food menu, etc are included in the module.
- Customize the menu with skin builder: This feature allows you to choose the colour that you like for your menu. Moreover, this Magento 2 extension also provides you with a Live preview, more than 660 google fonts, and many other conveniences.
Magento 2 Out Of Stock Notification
The third Magento 2 REST API extension is Magento 2 Out Of Stock Notification. This module basic function is to facilitate your customers in their shopping experience. Because not all customers have enough free time to visit your store frequently to keep an eye on the product’s status, this Magento 2 REST API extension is designed to help you send notification to your customers whenever new stock arrives or whenever the price changes happen. REST API support will enable the third-party software to gain access and connect with your stock status.
The special features of this module include:
- Send notification to customers in a manual or automatic way through email: This feature can save a lot of time for the Magento store vendors in case they have hundreds to thousands of subscribers.
- Display notifications on any page: You can display notifications on the product list, product page, category page, and search page.
Magento 2 Coupon Extension
Magento 2 Coupon Extension is a coupon generation tool you can use to generate coupon code via emails to attract more customers to your store. This is the basic function of this Magento 2 module. However, it also has one more major function that is to support merchants in keeping track of the sales campaign and managing the coupon codes. REST API, in this case, will allow third-party software to use API on this extension to generate coupon code.
The highlighted features of this Magento 2 Coupon Extension can be:
- Automatically create coupons: Magento 2 store owners can use multiple rules to generate coupons for any specific product. Customers who come to your store can also get a coupon in an automatic way.
- Support create QR-code and Barcode: You can create QR-code programmatically or you can create it using a multi-functional dashboard.
- Promote via email: Magento 2 store owners can send emails containing the latest discounts and promotions via email to the customers.
Magento 2 Customer Approval Extension
The last Magento 2 extension that supports REST API free we want to introduce to you is Magento 2 Customer Approval extension. With this module, you can manage all registration and log in to your Magento store. Moreover, you as the store owner can manually or automatically approve or disapprove or even reject customer accounts. Another function of this Magento 2 REST API extension is sending email notifications to the customers to inform them about the status of their accounts. In Magento 2 Customer Approval Extension, REST API is used to allow the store owners to quickly approve or disapprove customer accounts. Moreover, REST API can also be used to notify the Magento store admin about new registration.
The highlighted features of this Magento 2 module are:
- Automatic approve specific customer group: The extension can help the store admin to automatically approve or disapprove customers of different groups such as general, not logged in, wholesale, retailers, etc.
- Check and update customer accounts: With this Magento 2 extension, Magento merchants can check and update to make change of status to any customer account.
You’ve been given a list of top 5 Magento 2 extensions support REST API free. Through this article, it’s hoped that you can gain somewhat more insight into the market of this specific branch and have for yourselves the name of the best Magento 2 extensions.