Privacy is an important part of online shopping and today’s ecommerce solutions are obliged to follow international privacy regulations, such as GDPR. GDPR extension for Magento 2, provided by Magefan, is a powerful and advanced tool that can help online stores comply with complex rules of Internet data protection.
Why do you need GDPR extension for Magento 2?
Online activities across European Union are regulated by General Data Protection Regulation, or shortly GDPR. One of the key rights according to GDPR is the Right to be Forgotten, which means that users can delete all their personal information from your website if they want to. With the help of the GDPR extension, your store does not only protect your customer’s private data, but also allows them to gain full control over it.
Main features of Magento 2 GDPR extension
- Removal of customer’s account. One of the key features the extension provides is the ability for a user to delete their account from your store, which gives them the right to control their personal data on your website.
- Removal of the default billing address. The extension allows users to delete their names, addresses, and phone numbers, creating a higher level of trust between the online business and the customer.
- Billing documents management. If a customer wants to remain anonymous, the extension will encode the user’s private data, including names, addresses, etc.
- Restriction of cookies. Depending on the geographical location, cookies can be forbidden to follow the country’s regulations.
How does Magento 2 GDPR Extension work?
Below you can find an example of how you can implement the GDPR extension on your Magento website. This is a screenshot taken from the demo provided by the vendor.
Once the extension is installed, you should go to Admin Panel > Stores > Configuration >GDPR > Cookie Consent Notice section. There you can restrict cookie popup, depending on a visitor’s country.
- Magento Open Source v.2.1, 2.2, 2.3
- Magento Commerce v. 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
How much does the Magento 2 GDPR extension cost?
$75 for Magento Open Source and $275 for Adobe Commerce
Where to buy
What to do if GDPR extension for Magento 2 doesn’t work for you?
If your store requires a similar but more advanced extension for GDPR compliance, we can make a custom one based on your requirements. If you want to find out more about this service, please, check out our Magento custom extension development services.
Please, consider reading: Top 20 free and paid Magento 2 extensions