“But… I only came here for bottled water!” — says a customer at the store checkout holding a week-long supply of snacks and a fancy candlestick.
Every time that happens, a marketer grins somewhere — upselling and cross-selling are the irresistible tactics even in groceries, not to mention the industries where you sell something more personal, like clothes.
On average, cross-selling increases sales by 20%. As an eCommerce merchant, you are in a privileged position as compared to your peers with a physical store: not only do you have the arsenal of neat techniques to increase upselling and cross-selling, but, crucially, you can personalize.
Technologically, Magento merchants have a huge advantage. All they have to do to implement the upselling functionality is install Amasty Automated Related Products for Magento 2.
How Magento 2 Automatic Related Products Extension Works
Amasty Automatic Related Products extension allows a retailer to suggest and showcase the products that are related to the customer’s recent shopping activity. This is the very “wizard” who somehow knows that since you are looking at, e.g. a black raincoat, you could also go for a matching scarf (you know, a similar to the one you were browsing the other day).
The extension stands one step ahead of the ubiquitous “People-who-bought-this-also…” mechanism. Instead of equating one customer to another and assuming things, Automatic Related Products Magento 2 draws on the data from that very customer. Using the data in a smart algorithm further creates a tailored offering and increases upselling and cross-selling.
In practice, you can apply flexible rules like “same as”, “equals”, or “less than” to make the engine check the suggestions against what the customer is looking at and come up with the perfect variant. For example, a merchant can follow the “not more than 25%” principle: the item suggested for cross-selling shouldn’t be more expensive than ¼ of the base SKU.
Benefits of Automatic Related Products Extension for Magento 2
Magento Related Products offers a number of benefits to users compared to other similar technologies:
- Personalization: the offers are generated based on the customer’s behavior and preferences. This practice is becoming common courtesy in marketing: about 63-66% users will reject a purchase when they sense a “one-size-fits-all” approach.
- Automation for saving your time and effort: the automatic rule-based algorithm and simplified rule setup reduce your manual interference (useful for large ranges of products).
- Flexibility: the smart rules for suggestions can be tweaked and configured to adapt to your business needs.
- Data monitoring and segmentation possibilities.
- Display options: you decide where and how to show the suggestions, be it a sidebar, a section, and what page it is on.
Features of Amasty Automatic Related Products Extension
Among the most relevant features of Magento 2 Related Products extension are:
- An automatic rule-based algorithm to tailor the offerings
- Possibility to display the suggestions on different pages (category, product, cart) and determine their position
- Bundle packs offered with fixed or percentage discount
- Mobile experience with a PWA add-on (find a neat demo here)
- Possibility to exclude out-of-stock items
- Configuration of the maximum number of items in suggestions
- Setup of timeframes for data capture (e.g. ignore holiday seasons where irrelevant, etc.)
- Easy way to provide flexible discounts
Why Choose Amasty Magento 2 Related Products Extension?
Obviously, the Amasty extension is not the only one of its kind. However, searching for substitutes doesn’t seem to be worth the time — there is just not much to gain in terms of features. Among many other free and paid Magento 2 extensions, Amasty Automatic Related Products is one of the most user-friendly solutions trusted and implemented by many e-retailers.
The winning points are the ease of installation and configuration plus Amasty’s commitment to excellent user support.
Requirements for Magento Related Products Extension
The latest version so far (2.11.3) is available for Magento 2.4.3, 2.4.2-p2, 2.3.7-p1, 2.4.2-p1, 2.3.7 (PWA for mobile experience for 2.3, 2.4). There is also a version for Magento 1 available, supported by Community Edition 1.4.x – 1.9.x, Enterprise 1.8.x – 1.14.x.
Amasty Automatic Related Products Extension Pricing
For Magento 2 Automatic Related Products, the price starts at $309 (Community edition), which includes 90 days of free support and lifetime free updates. For buyers who also get the PWA add-on and Product Labels M2, the resulting price will be discounted from $627 to $564.30.
Elogic Expertise in Magento Custom Extension Development
Overall, the extension offers plenty of flexible features to businesses. At least, from the developer’s point of view. Now, those actually using the extension and engaged in eCommerce operations may (and often do) have a different view on things.
No two businesses are alike, and no one knows the peculiarities of your target audience and product range better than you. Even Amasty themselves have a section where they listen to the users’ suggestions for customization.
Maybe that’s too much or too little for you. Maybe you need something not included in the extension team’s backlog. Maybe you’d like to add another rule type, customize it to your website’s theme, or even implement a Magento web form building extension on top of that.
Instead of waiting for these features to magically appear by themselves, you can request custom development of Automatic Related Products for Magento 2. You know, to save the time and money for your company.
If that is your case, learn more about the Elogic team’s extensive expertise in Magento custom extension development for any purpose and any business type.
We deliver high-quality functioning codeGet your custom extension now